Safeway Select Olive Oil Class Action Lawsuit
- Kumar v. Safeway Inc., is pending in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Alameda and claim forms need to be filed by 2/16/2018
- SafewayOliveOilSettlement.com is administered by Kurtzman Carson Consultants
- Plaintiff Rohini Kumar claims Safeway falsely advertised Select olive oils by labeling them as “extra virgin” and “imported from Italy.”
Class members in the case are definition:
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil Settlement Class covers all persons who between May 23, 2010 and Dec. 16, 2017 purchased a Safeway Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil product from a Safeway store in the United States.
- The Pure or Extra Light Olive Oil Settlement Class covers all persons who between Jan. 1, 2012 and July 31, 2017 purchased a Safeway Select Pure Olive Oil or Safeway Select Extra Light in Flavor Olive Oil product from a Safeway store in the United States.
Class members contend that Select olive oil mostly contained oil from countries other than Italy. Safeway denied any actions of wrong doing but has agreed to a settlement in order to avoid a long trial that could cost well more than the settlement amount.
- Class members at this time can claim a $1.50 voucher or $0.50 cash for each purchase of Safeway Select Pure or Extra Light in Flavor Olive Oil made between Jan. 1, 2012 and July 31, 2017, and for each purchase of Safeway Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil made between May 23, 2010 and July 31, 2017
- The settlement amount any one class member will receive could be reduced if a large number of consumers file claims
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 3/16/2018
Any questions in regards to the Safeway Olive Oil Settlement can be directed to toll free 1-866-650-3844 or write to: Safeway Settlement Claim Administrator, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by the law firm of GUTRIDE SAFIER LLP and TYCKO & ZAVAREEI LLP.